Thursday 27 January 2011

Thank you to my new followers

A very big thank you to Ceka, Helen and Patsy. Pleased to welcome you on board and I hope you'll recommend me to all your friends. The more the merrier, eh? I shall, of course follow your blogs in return. (thinks: when will I ever have time to write with all this reading. ah well I'm sure I'll fit it in somehow.).

Today I went to look at a house I was thinking of buying. Oh boy! I'm still thinking about buying it, in many ways it would be perfect for me, but it does need a tad and a half of work: New doors all through, interior and exterior; new windows all over; electrics need sorting (they are dangerous at present!);new kitchen; new bathroom; new floor coverings and re-plaster throughout. To be honest, I was expecting to do most of that wherever I went so the house would fit me, rather than me fitting it. I had made some provision in my budget for that sort of thing and this house is so bad it would be much cheaper to buy than most. I fortunately have some temporary accommodation lined up, but I think I'll need it for a longer time than I originally envisaged - that's if I can get my present house sold! They are coming to value it in 3 weeks, top give me time to finish off various bits that need doing (and hopefully chuck the junk - I've been here 17 years and collected so much rubbish, as we hoarders do!). I can't finish until B & Q deliver some bits I need and couldn't carry home and the earliest they can deliver them is 8th Feb! GRRRR.

Any way enough of that. There will be a second post today with the first of my aussie adventures on it, so more people can get jealous. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh help, moving house after 17 years ... you'd better get on to e-bay and organise a mass sell-off of this and that, it could pay for the move! Good luck ... Sorry this won't let me sign in as me and leave a comment, but it's CKA here, not anonymous at all

    ReplyDelete